Feb 11, 2017
Native Opinion Episode
“EPISODE 67 THE ASSAULT OF MOTHER EARTH”
How to Reach our show:
Leave us a voicemail: Call us! (860) 381-0207
This episode is sponsored in part by The Mohegan Trading Post… Handmade Native American jewelry and more…. see their website…www.mohegantradingpost.com
Michael Kickingbear’s Native American Reservation Privatization Concept & Fear…
So Anti-clean water people view
this law as a states rights issue, something that Cheeto has also
stated on numerous occasions during the presidential
So how does this tie to Indian Country? Here is how I see this going down….
* The Trump administration’s true intentions are to make a case that reservations are (or should be) a states rights issue.
* Pitch to tribes (By utilizing the so-called Native American Coalition) that government should get out of it’s way, by saying no more interference from the federal government over land in trust matters through the introduction of a house bill to pretend to revert some control of lands back to tribes, and encourage governance of lands to be compacts between tribes and states.
* This action would be the start of privatization of Native American reservations. This would entice individual states to find ways to take what is now reservation land through new or pre-existing bad state laws that would push tribes off traditional homelands to gain access to these lands for oil drilling or fracking.
* One example of this might be a form of imminent domain, citing a justification that “it’s in the best interest of all residents of the state” and offer ridiculously low amounts of money for the land to the tribe(s)
* Those lands would/could then be sold by the state to energy companies, which of course fits in with the Trump Administration’s “America First” energy plan.
You Want to make your voice heard in Washington DC, but Trump shut down the White House comment line….soooo what do you do? Call his satellite offices!
Shut Down White House Comment Line, So This Tool Lets You Call One
of His Businesses to Complain…”
Sub-Title: By not divesting himself from his businesses, he's actually creating satellite White Houses all over the world," says the team behind WhiteHouseInc.org
Author: by Deirdre Fulton, staff writer for website Common Dreams
ARTICLES FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
TITLE: The Water
of the waters of the United States rule.
SOURCE: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-05/documents/ rule_preamble_web_version.pdf
names Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma attorney general suing EPA on climate
change, to head the EPA
Author: By Chris Mooney, Brady Dennis and Steven Mufson December 8, 2016
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/12/07/ trump-names-scott-pruitt-oklahoma-attorney-general-suing-epa-on- climate-change-to-head-the-epa/?utm_term=.68f03e666c9c
O’odham Nation Reiterates Their Stance on Border Wall
Author: Toyacoyah Brown January 29th, 2017
MUSIC FROM THIS EPISODE:
Bio: After writing and releasing her single “Mirror Me”
the song hit # 1 on the NAMC charts aired on Much Music and was supported by stations and media internationally. She was then named one of MTV’s (Top Gender Bending Artists) as a Two-Spirit person. The Canadian powerhouse Mohawk has come far from her first performances singing as a Shania Twain impersonator in her home town of Welland Ontario and has since shared the stages with the worlds top artists like Tegan and Sara , and Lady GaGa and touring as a backing vocalist with
Roxette and Glass Tiger. Her voice has appeared on top shows from CTV, Disney TV, APTN and more. Known for her high powerful soul filled vocal dynamics and ability and her passionate high energy vibrant live performance Shawnee was named a Fan Favorite in the 2016 Native Trail Blazers. Exclaim magazine says “Shawnee has a unique charm”
Violence Against Women’s Act…
in the 2013 the reauthorization of the Violence against women’s act bill was introduced. Because of the provisions regarding Indians on tribal lands (Title 6) Jeff Sessions did not support the bill despite Bi partizan support which led it to being passed anyway.
The Reauthorization of
the Violence Against Woman’s Act:
Study of title 6 of VAWA,
Native American Women: